Donor area problems/complications that limit hair transplant | Poor donor-site
The presence and integrity of the scalp donor which is the safe zone is a prerequisite before we can plan a hair transplant.
An insufficient donor area can limit the number and quality of grafts.
In this video, I will talk about the conditions in which an FUE is contraindicated or can be done with severe restrictions and limitations.
The causes of an inadequate scalp donor can be –
1. Genetic- Grade 7 androgenetic alopecia, Reverse balding, Alopecia Totalis, Vascular malformations, Cutis verticis gyrata (CVG)
2. Hormonal- DUPA, Acne
3. Iatrogenic- blood thinners, drug reactions
4. Immunological- Alopecia Areata, Psoriasis
5. Infective- Fungal infections. Folliculitis
6. Scarring- Previous hair transplant, Injury, traction alopecia, clip-on hairpieces
10. Color- SMP, Fashion tattoos