A natural hairline after hair transplant is the most sought after trait of a successful hair transplant.
So what make for a great natural looking and dense hairline?
1. A hairline should go with racial and facial structural characteristics
2. A hairline should not be dated- it should be age appropriate and should look natural even after 50 years
3. The hairline should be soft and the transition from the leading edge should be gradual. This can be done by planting single hair grafts in the leading 1-3 rows.
4. A hairline should have macro-irregularities and micro-irregularities for it to look natural and not linear. Linearity does not occur in nature.
5. The hairline should not be perfectly symmetrical on left and right. Variations upto 2 mm are normal. Hence a hairline should never be designed using a laser equipment since this will look unnatural. A good hairline design is always freehand design.
6. There should be no abrupt acute angles
7. Not even the patient’s barber should not be able to tell that he underwent a hair transplant.